Who are we
Auroville International is an association founded in 1983, registered with the Chamber of Commerce, The Hague, The Netherlands, under nº 40103255.
The association "Auroville International" (AVI) is a worldwide network set up with the aim of supporting the Auroville International Township in India. Founded in 1983, Auroville International has its legal basis in the Netherlands and has today member associations, affiliated groups and liaison addresses in 24 countries.
One of the main functions of Auroville International is to support Auroville in all possible ways, which includes the making of representations to national, international, governmental and non-governmental organisations.
Another important role of Auroville International is to act as a channel for funds to Auroville’s projects.
A third function of Auroville International is to improve the information flow between Auroville, Auroville International and its member associations, affiliated groups and liaison addresses , and provide financial and other support to its members and associated organisations.
- Making known the existence, activities, aims and ideals of Auroville;
- Actively co-operating with the community of Auroville in its development and in the promotion of its aims and ideals;
- Raising funds for Auroville and all its activities with a view of promoting international understanding and human unity;
- Supporting the activities of Auroville;
- Irrespective of political considerations facilitating the co-operation of governments, international and other organisations with Auroville;
- Taking all necessary steps to establish an effective organisation of centres, affiliated groups and individual participants;
- Supporting as appears appropriate the work executed by centres, affiliated groups and individual participants ;
- Adopting any other appropriate methods.
The objective is to find in every country of the world an Auroville International Centre in accordance with the laws of that country. Each such Auroville International Centre will become member of the umbrella organisation Auroville International in accordance with its statute and in collaboration with the Working Committee of the Auroville Foundation.
Auroville International Centres will endeavour to obtain a tax exempt or identical status, so that donations made to Auroville can be channeled through the Centre, and the donor or the centre can avail of tax advantages.